Thursday, October 27, 2011

I had to say "I'm sorry"

I went to church tonight feeling pretty good, then came a song saying something like "I just feel like praising Him" and I guess I had an imp on my shoulder because I was instantly mad.  I didn't feel like praising God. I was mad, He took my husband. I prayed and prayed and people from all over the world prayed and still God didn't spare my husband.  Why would I feel like praising? 

Well...I got home and was still mad, went to bed and started to say my prayers and felt like God was telling me something.  This is it...He did spare my husband, He did answer my prayers.  Joe did not suffer needlessly, he is not still lying in a hospital bed being poked and prodded.  He isn't tired, hurting, scared. He is in Heaven with his maker.  He is the lucky one.  I prayed for God's will to be done and it was.  He answered my prayers in a way I didn't like, but He answered them nonetheless.  How can I be mad when God did exactly what I asked Him to?  I didn't pray that His will be done in the beginning, but towards the end I did.  I realized that my will is not what matters. God knows the future and His way is perfect.  So I prayed that God either give him back to me or just take him but please not to let him suffer.  He didn't suffer. God is merciful and forever faithful.  And He still hasn't failed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment