Friday, September 18, 2015

Hospitals (Old post I just published)

I hate going to hospitals now.  I never found it to be great fun before, but now it really stresses me.  My Grandfather is currently in the hospital and while I love to be there to see him and spend time with my Grandmother and other family members; it brings back so many hard memories.  It's not the same hospital, but the sounds, sights and smells are all the same.  If I could I would never step in another hospital, but obviously that is not possible. 

So what do you do when you find yourself in a situation that brings memories rushing back?  You brace yourself and let it come. You give yourself permission to cry for a bit and then you dry your eyes and get back to the business of living.  We can't just give up and let life pass us by.  We have to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment